Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Day in the Park Children's Activities Vendor. Below you'll find all the information you need to be a part of our event.
Join us the first Saturday in May as we celebrate Day in the Park arts and crafts festival! This annual event is sponsored by the Laurel Arts League in cooperation with the City of Laurel. Day in the Park combines art, food, entertainment, and fun for the entire family.
The Day in the Park Race kick off the day with the annual 5K race that starts at 8:00 a.m. in the park on 18th Street (rain or shine), followed immediately by the one-mile fun run. Registration starts at 6:30 a.m. and awards will be presented at 9:00 a.m.
Join us at 9:00 a.m. by visiting and shopping with our Arts and Crafts Vendors who will be located throughout the park. Shop for those one-of-a-kind creations, Mother’s Day gifts,
Christmas gifts or something special for the kids!
Entertainment begins at 9:30 a.m. and will feature a variety of performances including rhythm, blues, country, variety, popular and jazz.
The Student Art Exhibit features judged art and awards for pre-school through high school aged students. We welcome the participation of students from public and private schools as well as home-schooled children.
The Children’s Activities will delight the young with many supervised art/craft activities as well as provide the opportunity to participate in the 5K and one-mile fun run.
Festival Concession will offer a tantalizing array of Food including hamburgers, corndogs, barbecue, chicken-on-a-stick, funnel cakes, ice cream, lemonade and soft drinks.
Festival takes place - rain or shine - at Mason Park.
1. Vendor Shall pay the full amount of the Vendor Fees to the Laurel Arts League. The required amount of payment will be determined by the Laurel Arts League and is based on the type of services offered by each vendor. Payment is non-refundable.
2. Vendor may be Required to provide a certificate of Liability Insurance if engaging in an activity deemed to be of high risk by The Laurel Arts League.
3. Only specified items, determined by The Laurel Arts League, may be presented for sale to the festival attendees. Duplication of items within a category will be restricted.
4. Vendors wishing to use a generator must ensure that the generator is operated in a safe and lawful manner in accordance with all manufacturer and safety guidelines and should ensure that the generator does not interfere with the safety or comfort of festival attendees. This includes (but is not limited to) minimizing excessive noise and fumes in the children’s area.
5. There will be no collection of commission by The Laurel Arts League. Each vendor will retain all of the proceeds he/she collects throughout the day. MS States Sales Tax of 7% shall be collected by each vendor and remitted by close of festival.
6. Vendors will be responsible for providing ample change to last throughout the entire event. Laurel Arts League will not have cash on hand.
7. Laurel Arts League reserves the right to make final space assignments to assure the interests of the festival are best served. If at any time in the opinion of Laurel Arts League Leadership, a vendor is found to be detrimental to the interest of the festival, the vendor shall remove or relocate on demand and at the discretion of the Laurel Arts League and at the expense of the vendor. If vendor does not actually use the booth space, it is agreed that no portion of the rental already paid will be returned. Space assignments are typically conducted on a first-come basis. Consideration may be given to long-standing vendors in regards to acceptance, assignments, and duplication of items. The Laurel Arts League is under no obligation to accept vendors with duplicative items.
8. Exact dimensions of available space cannot be guaranteed. The Laurel Arts League will strive to provide adequate space to accommodate vendor’s set-up. It is very important to note on your contract what kind of set-up you have in order to help us with planning. Vendors will be allowed to set up beginning at 6:30 AM on the morning of Day in the Park.
9. After the online application and payment have been received, a confirmation email and final approved contract will be sent to you.
Rules for ALL Day in the Park Exhibitors
• Selling prices may not be increased during the day.
• Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own tent, display tables, racks, etc., and are responsible for set-up and removal.
• No animals, bicycles, roller blades, skateboards or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the park.
• The Laurel Arts League has the right to request the removal of items considered inappropriate for the event.
• Day in the Park is focused on engaging our community in art-related activities by celebrating regional artists, craftsmen and performers. In keeping with this mission, the Laurel Arts League does not allow informational, campaign, or trade show style booths. Only Day in the Park Platinum Sponsors are allowed to showcase informational, campaign, or trade show style materials in their booth space. For information on becoming a Day in the Park Platinum Sponsor click here.
• The Laurel Arts League WILL DENY exhibit space to any entry which does not comply with the rules stated herein.
Day in the Park takes place in Laurel’s beautiful Mason Park. Exhibitors should check in at the corner of 20th Street and the service road to receive instructions and a pass to enter the park for unloading.
From I-59, take exit 95B, North 16th Avenue, turn right at 4th red light (1.5 mile) on 15th Street. Turn left at 2nd 4-way stop (blinking light) on 7th Avenue. Mason Park is on right.
Questions: Contact our Children's Activities Chairperson: DITPChildrensActivities@gmail.com
Exhibitors must complete the online registration form (below) and submit Entry Fee of $75.00 prior to April 8.
Effective 1/2024: All Vendors Fees must be paid online.
Vendors Fee payments by check are no longer accepted.
Payment may be submitted via Credit Card: https://pay.LAURELARTSLEAGUE.COM/ChildrensVendor
Laurel Arts League P.O. Box 4188Laurel, MS 39441