Thank you for your interest in becoming a Day in the Park Arts & Crafts Vendor. Below you'll find all the information you need to be a part of our event.
Join us the first Saturday in May as we celebrate Day in the Park arts and crafts festival! This annual event is sponsored by the Laurel Arts League in cooperation with the City of Laurel. Day in the Park combines art, food, entertainment, and fun for the entire family.
The Day in the Park Race kick off the day with the annual 5K race that starts at 8:00 a.m. in the park on 18th Street (rain or shine), followed immediately by the one-mile fun run. Registration starts at 6:30 a.m. and awards will be presented at 9:00 a.m.
Join us at 9:00 a.m. by visiting and shopping with our Arts and Crafts Vendors who will be located throughout the park. Shop for those one-of-a-kind creations, Mother’s Day gifts,
Christmas gifts or something special for the kids!
Entertainment begins at 9:30 a.m. and will feature a variety of performances including rhythm, blues, country, variety, popular and jazz.
Day in the Park Juried Booth invites arts and crafts vendors to participate in juried art. Entries will be judged and cash prizes will be awarded as follows: 1st place - $500; 2nd place - $250; and 3rd place - $150. In addition to the registration fee of $75, there will be a non-refundable fee of $25 for a juried booth.
The Student Art Exhibit features judged art and awards for pre-school through high school aged students. We welcome the participation of students from public and private schools as well as home-schooled children.
The Children’s Activities will delight the young with many supervised art/craft activities as well as provide the opportunity to participate in the 5K and one-mile fun run.
Festival Concession will offer a tantalizing array of Food including hamburgers, corndogs, barbecue, chicken-on-a-stick, funnel cakes, ice cream, lemonade and soft drinks.
Festival takes place rain or shine at Mason Park. I
n the event of severe weather, an alternate location will be announced 24-36 hours prior to event.
• All arts and crafts must be hand-made by the exhibitor.
• The work of only one exhibitor may be displayed in each assigned space. Two or more people producing a single item may qualify as a single exhibitor and should indicate this in the “Comments” section of the registration form.
• The registration fee of $75 is for a 12’ x 12’ exhibit space. Spaces will be assigned only after receipt of registration form/fee and notification of acceptance. Exhibitors must occupy their pre-assigned space. Returning exhibitors desiring the same space as last year should indicate so in the “Comments” section of the registration form. We will do our best to honor the request.
• Registration form and fee must be received by April 8
• Sales tax of 7% must be collected
• No commercially prepared T-shirts will be allowed.
• No commercially produced items with the Day in the Park logo may be sold without the permission of the Laurel Arts League.
• Selling prices may not be increased during the day.
• Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own tent, display tables, racks, etc., and are responsible for set-up and removal.
• No animals, bicycles, roller blades, skateboards or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the park.
• Exhibitors will be allowed to set up their displays on Friday between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., and on Saturday between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Overnight security will be provided. Exhibitors should check in at the Mason Park Pavilion to receive instructions and a pass to enter the service road for unloading.
• Unsold work must be removed by the exhibitor between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the day of the event.
• Vehicles will not be allowed on the park grounds for unloading, loading or displaying of items.
• The Laurel Arts League WILL DENY exhibit space to any entry which does not comply with the rules stated herein.
• The Laurel Arts League has the right to request the removal of items considered inappropriate for the event.
Day in the Park takes place in Laurel’s beautiful Mason Park. Exhibitors should check in at the corner of 20th Street and the service road to receive instructions and a pass to enter the park for unloading.
From I-59, take exit 95B, North 16th Avenue, turn right at 4th red light (1.5 mile) on 15th Street. Turn left at 2nd 4-way stop (blinking light) on 7th Avenue. Mason Park is on right.
Questions: Contact our Arts & Crafts Chairperson: DayinParkArtsandCrafts@gmail.com
Apply to become an Arts & Crafts Vendor:
Exhibitors must complete the registration form (via print or online) and return it along with the $75 registration fee for a non-juried booth
or $100 for a juried booth (12’x12’ space) to
The Laurel Arts League
c/o Current Arts and Crafts Chairperson
P.O. Box 4188
Laurel, MS 39441
Checks should be made payable to The Laurel Arts League.
A non-returnable photograph depicting each type of work to
be sold must also be submitted with a printed registration form.
Payment may also be submitted via PayPal: https://Paypal.me/LaurelArtsLeague
Print and Mail Your Arts & Crafts Vendor Application
Laurel Arts League P.O. Box 4188 Laurel, MS 39440 US